Your child’s teachers want the best for your child and are a valuable source of knowledge about your child’s development. Once the preschool term begins, an opportunity to meet your child’s teachers at a parent-teacher meet or another setting, usually presents itself. At Trio Tots Preschool HSR Layout, Bangalore, meetings and one-on-ones are scheduled at regular intervals, to help parents stay up to date.
It helps to prepare for a meeting by deciding what you would like to learn about your child and her/his education. Your meetings will set the tone for your relationship with your child’s preschool teacher. Even if your child goes to a daycare centre, the centre’s staff can give you useful information about your child’s behaviour, preferences and development.
Questions you can bring up at the preschool or daycare parent-teacher meeting
- What activities does my child enjoy doing the most?
- How does my child interact with other people?
- How is my child doing emotionally? Is she happy, playful, moody, angry or aloof?
- Is my child reaching age appropriate milestones?
- In what areas does my child need to improve?
- How can I help him/her achieve this?
- Does my child respond and obey class rules?
- How good is my child at self-care?
- Is my child able to focus on tasks?
- Does my child complete his/her tasks without too much difficulty?
- Please tell me more about your teaching methods.
- What metrics do you use to assess a child’s performance?
- Does my child need additional or special help with any task?
- Is there any other advice you would like to offer?
- Is there anything I can do to help you?
As a parent, you know your child best. However, keeping an open mind towards suggestions of experienced teachers, will help you partner better with them. You might discover a new perspective to your child’s behaviour or habits. Just like a child, being inquisitive paves a way for learning. However, It needs you to set aside your biases and preconceived notions.
Trio Tots preschool HSR Layout Bangalore, combines the best preschool education practices for a wholesome learning experience.