First Open day!!
Parent-teacher meeting plays a vital role in your child’s schooling life. At the start of each new school year, parents are invited to a parent teacher meeting. This is an opportunity for parents to meet the person their child is going to be spending a large portion of their time with, not to mention all the formative educational and social input this person will provide.
Aside from imparting pertinent information regarding the curriculum and classroom structure, the idea is for you and the teacher to form a team – a partnership that works together for the benefit of your child.
To make it easier, and to ensure you make the most of this first meeting, Ms. Greshma Momaya has outlined some important information that you need to know.
Before the meeting –
1. Ask your child how he or she feels about the school?
2. Prepare a list of questions like
· Is my child settling in the new class?
· Is he or she getting on with classmates?
· Does my child seem to be happy in the school?
· What homework workload can we expect?
· What can I do at home to help more?
During the meeting-
1. Always be on time for the meeting
2. Do not create a false impression. Just relax and be yourself
3. Prioritize your list of questions
4. Ask most important questions first
5. Do not hesitate to ask for explanation if you have not understood any point.
6. Thank the teacher.
After the meeting –
1. Please speak to your child about the meeting. Let them not feel that you met the teacher to complain rather let your child know that you & teacher will be working together as a team for their best.
2. Teacher must have given some tips when you asked what you can do at home to help more, start working on those tips.
3. Give a feedback to the teacher in the next meeting if the tips she shared helped you and your child.
Post a Comment